cannot boot with linux-libre>=5.7, amdgpu and cryptsetup

edgar at openmail.cc edgar at openmail.cc
Fri Jul 17 16:35:18 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-17 11:27, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 16:26:31 +0000
> edgar at openmail.cc wrote:
>
>> Hi, Denis.
> Hi,
>
>> I already sent the log for the regular linux-libre (attaching it
>> again). I am now sending the log with the version that I produced.
>> Besides, as I mentioned, I also have a version for linux-amd-raven
>> (AUR) which uses linux-libre. I also attach that. Thanks.
>>
>> [amdgpu-patch.log  text/plain (7507 bytes)]
>>
>> [amdgpu-raven.log  text/plain (7744 bytes)]
> The part that is interesting is in this log.
>
>> [dmesg-5.7.8-amdgpu.log.gz  application/x-gzip (26362 bytes)]
> This doesn't contain the interesting part that is in amdgpu-raven.log
>
> Can you send both amdgpu-patch.log and amdgpu-raven.log to the
> linux-libre mailing list so I could reply there?
>
> Denis.

Sure (I thought that I already had, but the mailing list says that it's
awaiting moderation, because it's too big).

Remember, =amdgpu-patch.log= is based on the raw linux-libre PKGBUILD
from Parabola with the patch that I generated. =amdgpu-raven.log= is
based on this: https://notabug.org/broncodev/test-amdgpu-linux-libre.git
(which I may eventually delete--a note for posterity). The PKGBUILD in
the latter tries to use the settings from the linux-amd-raven (AUR) with
the linux-libre (Parabola) kernel.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!