freed-ora-release and freed-ora-freedom license question

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Sun Aug 6 06:11:52 UTC 2017

On Jul 21, 2017, Kouta Ikematsu <kame55-itasenpara123 at y2.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

> I try "rpm -qi freed-ora-release" and "rpm -qi freed-ora-freedom",
> this package license is BSD license.

> Question: Which is "BSD" License ?

Being a package for Fedora, originally based on a Fedora package, it
follows the Fedora license-naming conventions.  Which, admittedly,
doesn't answer your question.

Now, considering there's nothing worthy of copyrights in the package
(it's just a collection of facts, such as conflict-markers and yum/dnf
repo configurations), it doesn't matter too much what the named license
is.  Maybe I'm being too sloppy.  I considered GPLing it, but then I'd
have to add a copy of the GPL and multiply by several times the size of
the package, which didn't seem worth it.

Any suggestions?

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer