volunteers to build kernels for other non-Free GNU/Linux distros?

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Tue May 20 20:34:35 UTC 2008

So...  As some of you may know, I'm building linux-libre-based kernel
binaries for Fedora (and BLAG), dubbing them freed-ora.

Tomás Solar mentioned interest in doing something along these lines
for freed-ebian.

Uhurubuntu wouldn't be a bad idea either :-) (FTR, Uhuru is an African
word for 'freedom'; it's Swahili)  This could be used by gNewSense as
well, I suppose.

FreeCentOS, gentroolyfree might also be nice.  I can't think of a
witty variation of slackware along the same lines :-(

The idea is to not only provide kernels that could be directly adopted
by 100% Free GNU/Linux-libre distros, but also to easily enable people
who use other GNU/Linux distros to easily turn them into
GNU/Linux-libre distros.

Are there volunteers to pick up any of these?