[FSFLA-Traductores] Pedido para a ajuda com tradução de inglês ao português

Deborah Nicholson deborah en fsf.org
Mar Jun 9 21:10:26 UTC 2009

Hello,
This is Deborah from the Free Software Foundation. We are coming to
Brazil for FISL in two weeks and we want to have some printed material
in Portuguese.

I can offer an FSF t-shirt or stuffed GNU in exchange for translation.

Obrigada!
Deborah

The Free Software Foundation promotes the development and use of free
software -- particularly the GNU operating system and its GNU/Linux
variants -- and free documentation for free software. The FSF also helps
to spread awareness of the ethical and political issues of freedom in
the use of software.

      * The GNU Project: Since 1984, we've been working towards an
        entirely free unix-like operating system. Today we can recommend
        several GNU/Linux variants to the average user, including
        gNewSense and Trisquel. (http://www.gnu.org/)

      * The GPL Compliance Lab: We serve the free software community by
        providing the public with a "knowledge infrastructure"
        surrounding the GNU GPL and free software licensing, and we
        enforce the license on FSF-copyrighted software to ensure that
        it stays free.

      * LibrePlanet.org: This is our online meeting place for free
        software activists to share news, tactics and resources.

      * Defective by Design: DRM products have antifeatures built in
        that restrict you and spy on your activities. These products
        have been intentionally crippled from the users' perspective,
        and are therefore "defective by design". By educating users and
        organizing boycotts we aim to make it clear that DRM is an
        anti-social technology. (http://www.defectivebydesign.org/)

      * End Software Patents: Software patents discourage individual
        developers and provide unfair advantages to big companies that
        can afford to gamble on litigation. We work to eliminate
        software patents through legal and legislative action.
        (http://endsoftpatents.org/)

      * PlayOgg.org: We promote free formats like Ogg, to replace
        patent-encumbered formats like MP3 and AAC.

The Free Software Foundation's work is supported by individual
memberships. Membership is $R120. If you have a credit card, we can set
up small monthly donations. Five US dollars or approximately ten reales
each month subject to small fluctuations in currency exchange. Student
memberships are available for $R60 per year.

When signing up, please use the address that goes with your credit card
and thank you for writing legibly! Thank you for supporting free
software!

Learn more at http://www.fsf.org/ and sign up for our free (gratis)
monthly e-newsletter, the Free Software Supporter
(http://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter/).