[FSFLA-Traductores] You sent the attachment in Microsoft Word format

Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo exal en gnu.org
Sab Ene 20 18:32:05 UTC 2007

You sent the attachment in Microsoft Word format, a secret proprietary format, so I cannot read it. If you send me the plain text, HTML, or PDF, then I could read it.

Sending people documents in Word format has bad effects, because that practice puts pressure on them to use Microsoft software. In effect, you become a buttress of the Microsoft monopoly. This specific problem is a major obstacle to the broader adoption of GNU/Linux. Would you please reconsider the use of Word format for communication with other people?

Thanks, Exal.