[FSFLA-Traductores] 2 Unstralated passages from link ¿Cómo participar en FSFLA?, Somethng to be changed in Boletín 18

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva en fsfla.org
Mar Ene 2 11:37:40 UTC 2007

On Jan  1, 2007, "Leonardo Paredes" <paredes.leonardo en gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) hier are two passages in the text from ¿Cómo participar en
> FSFLA?<http://www.fsfla.org/?q=es/node/78>,
> that I' ve translate in spanish.

Gracias!

> 2) In "Novedades en FSFLA - Boletín
> #18"<http://www.fsfla.org/?q=es/node/133> there
> is something that needs to be changed.
> The website use normally the pronom "Tú". I unfortunately have translate the
> passage with USTED. I think  the next text also should have the Form Tú

Actually, the web site has historically used 'voseo', not as a
conscious decision, but because it's the common practice in Argentina
and nearly all of the people involved in writing or translating
content for the web site were in that country.

I think it would be a nice touch in our efforts to welcome the
participation of other countries to not stick to this standard, and
welcome texts with any of 'vos', 'tú' and 'usted' into our web site,
as long as they're individually self-consistent.

¿Qué piensan otros hablantes de castellano?

This might as well apply to translators to Portuguese (using 'tu' or
'você') and to English (in other idiomatic differences).  It feels
like setting the ground for diversity is far more important than
trying to keep the whole site stylistically consistent in this
regard.  Such inconsistencies would go a long way to *showing* diverse
participation.

Makes sense?