Re: [FSFLA-Traductores] boletín #8 para traducir

Marcos Manoni marcosmanoni en gmail.com
Mar Feb 28 21:33:22 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, Beatriz Busaniche <bea en vialibre.org.ar> wrote:
> Si alguien puede ir tomando alguna de esas dos tareas, agradecida! :)

Va en inglés:
_______________________________________
FSFLA News
Issue #8
March, 2006

GPLv3

Since January , it is in march the update process of the most popular
Free Software license, the GNU GPL. The GPLv3 work  process began in
Boston, MA. U.S.A. on January 16 and will have their next chapter in
Latin America.

The second International Conference about the GPLv3 will be held at
Porto Alegre, Brasil
as part of the 7th Free Software International Forum which takes place
from April 19th to the 22nd.

It's already confirmed the assistance of Richard M. Stallman and Free
Software activists from all over the world.

The FSFLA keeps the community informed about the advance in the GPLv3
process through our web site www.fsfla.org

The FSFLA will participate in that event and will be present in the
Free Software International Forum with a lecture.

Work teams

In the FSFLA there are already two work teams.

The translator's team is intensely working in the translation to
Portuguese and Spanish of the main documents of the GPLv3 update
process and other documents of interest for the Latin American
community of Free Software.
Whoever wish to see the work's progress and/or want to subscribe to
the list, they can do it through
http://www.fsfla.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/traductores

The FSFLA legal issues team also counts already with its mail list
opened to the public in
http://www.fsfla.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/legales

Both spaces within the FSFLA work teams , are opened and of free
access to anyone who wish to collaborate and to contribute to their
work and ideas.

Web site

Little by little, we are feeding our Web site with information of
interest for the Free Software community of Latin America and on the
activities that FSFLA makes.

The site now counts with a dedicated section on local legislations
that have some type of impact or influences on the development and
distribution of Free Software.  If your country is not yet on the list
of countries whose legislations we have published, don't doubt in
contacting us at info en fsfla.org and helping us to place the necessary
information there.

More information in www.fsfla.org

Events

During February, several members of FSFLA were working in different
places of Latin America.

Federico Heinz, current FSFLA president , offered a series of
conferences in Mexico DF and El Salvador.  In both countries he
participated in activities with the Mexico, Center America and
Caribbean Office of the  Heinrich Boell Foundation.
In his Central American tour, Federico worked with several social
organizations in subjects related to Free Software and access to
knowledge.

On the other hand, Beatriz Busaniche was in Cuba, where she
participated in the 15th. International Book Fair of Havana,
presenting the book "¿Un mundo patentado? La privatización de la vida
y el conocimiento", with Silke Helfrich, of the Boell Foundation.
In addition, she participated in a series of events in the Juan
Marinello Cultural Center,  University of Havana, with the Habana Free
Software Linux user group and in the Industrial Property Cuban Office
venue (OCPI) where she offered a technical workshop on software
patents.

Next March 25 will take place the 2nd Free Software Installation
Festival in joint with several cities of Latin America. "FLISOL" is an
event that promotes the use of free software and the integration of
communities of free software users in every Latin America country.
If you are already a Free Software user you can join and collaborate
in the event, contacting the user group who organizes "FLISOL" in your
city.  Your help helps everyone.  More information, the list of cities
where "FLISOL" will take place and how to collaborate, is already
available in http://installfest.info/