[FSFLA-Traductores] Translating the 2007-01-01 Newsletter to Spanish?

Leonardo Paredes paredes.leonardo en gmail.com
Sab Dic 30 19:52:30 UTC 2006

Hi Alexandre,

I am now working (since 5 minutes) on the translation. I hope its still
necessarily. ok?
Leonardo

On 12/30/06, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva en fsfla.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry that I'm so late in posting this.  I was supposed to have posted
> it about 48 hours ago, but I've been ill and away from the computer :-(
>
> Is there anyone available to translate this to Spanish before the year
> is over, pretty please? :-)
>
> Fernanda, if your translation to Portuguese is already done (barring
> the changes since the initial draft), please post it, so as to make
> the translation to Spanish easier.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> FSFLA News
> Issue #18
> January, 2007
> http://www.fsfla.org/?q=en/node/???
>
> 1. Editorial: Balance of 2006, Perspectives for 2007
> 2. News and Events
> 3. Help wanted
>

> 1. Editorial: Balance of 2006, Perspectives for 2007
>
> Last year was not as great as we'd hoped, but it was a great year
> nevertheless.
>
> By the end of 2005, we were aiming at establishing ourselves
> juridically as a foundation in Argentina early in 2006.
> Unfortunately, it became clear to us that some circumstances would
> prevent us from operating in other Latin American countries,
> particularly Brazil, so we had to revisit our plans and our bylaws.
> We expect to publish soon a draft constitution for public review.
>
> In late 2006, we unfortunately lost 3 valuable members, just when we
> expected to start reaching out to other Latin-American countries, with
> the (GNU)^2 initiative.  This setback has slowed us down significantly
> while we redistributed our efforts and started looking for new
> members.
>
> Our campaign against DRM, Entertained and Controlled, hasn't been
> launched yet.  Even though the workgroup has come up with a great name
> and a great logo, and offered us the domain names, we need more
> volunteer work to set up the campaign web site and to create content
> for it.
>
> Although we had some big setbacks, we've also collected many
> successes.
>
> We've also been invited more and more often to speak about Free
> Software at conferences, and we've experienced growing interest in
> FSFLA's opinions in the news, both inside and outside Latin America.
> We spoke at all but one of the International GPLv3 Conference, having
> successfully organized one of them.
>
> (GNU)^2 is picking up, even if slowly, but we already observe a
> significant growth in the number of people from several countries
> interested in participating in FSFLA and helping it grow and become
> stronger in this new stage of its history.
>
> The campaign against "Softwares Impostos" in Brazil has reportedly
> been listened to and generated a lot of goodwill for the Free Software
> cause in various departments in the Brazilian federal government.
> Although no concrete actions have gone public yet, we expect major
> developments throughout the next few years in Brazil in this front,
> [...]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Leonardo Paredes
Clase, language & services
www.cls-munich.de