Maintaining RPMs

Jason Self jself at gnu.org
Sun Oct 17 23:41:18 UTC 2021

The kernel's own build system has support for making .deb and .rpm by
invoking make binrpm-pkg, along the lines of make deb-pkg. The last
time I tried this though it failed, seemingly having something to do
with the cleanup scripts changing some "kernel" references to
"kernel-libre" but the rest of the build system expecting it to still
be "kernel". I have not investigated it further but it would be nice if
this part of the kernel's build system could work.