Maintaining RPMs

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon Nov 1 02:14:02 UTC 2021

On Oct 31, 2021, Caleb Herbert <csh at bluehome.net> wrote:

> On 10/24/21 13:15, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> fedpkg --release f35 --name kernel sources
>>
>> will let you know which files you need to fetch from the linux-libre
>> server, typically a base release .tar.xz and an incremental patch file.

> I don't understand how to fetch the files.

fedpkg will only download files from upstream's repository.
GNU Linux-libre ones aren't available there, unless someone else
uploaded them.

Files that only we ship have to be downloaded manually from our
repository.  E.g.:

> Remove downloaded invalid file ./linux-libre-5.14-gnu.tar.xz

wget -c \
https://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/5.14-gnu/linux-libre-5.14-gnu.tar.xz

And then, for the incremental patch:

wget -c \
https://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/5.14.15-gnu/patch-5.14-gnu-5.14.15-gnu.xz

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                       GNU Toolchain Engineer