AMD VBIOS

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Sat Apr 22 21:34:34 UTC 2017

On Mar  7, 2017, mdn <bernardlprf at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> I think it might help for AMD/ATI GPUs compatibility.
> https://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-March/083531.html

How would it?  The problems we have with AMD and Radeon GPUs are caused
by hardware that requires blobs to be loaded by drivers, and drivers
that refuse to run if they can't find the blobs.  Even if the BIOS
loaded Free but otherwise equivalent code to the video cards, the
drivers would still refuse to initialize in the very same way.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer