Inaccurate deblobbing breaks rtl8192ce

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Aug 18 19:57:10 UTC 2016

On Aug 18, 2016, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva at fsfla.org> wrote:

> I guess we could try to rework reject_firmware_nowait so as to
> actually call the callback, signalling the unsuccessful completion of
> the request.

Scratch that.  We can't do that.  The _nowait function is supposed to be
callable in non-blocking contexts, but no such requirement applies to
the callback.  Indeed, the callback function for rtl8192ce itself calls
_request_firmware in case of error, and calling that from a
non-interruptible context would be an error.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer