Mainline Linux-libre for Chromebook pixel 2013?

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Sat Nov 28 15:02:12 UTC 2015

On Nov 28, 2015, Iru Cai <mytbk920423 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I bought a Chromebook pixel 2013 recently. When it runs Trisquel with
> Linux-libre 3.13, the touchscreen and touchpad work fine. However, in later
> kernel release, it needs to load non-free firmware in mxt_initialize(),
> which is in drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_mxt_ts.c, and the atmel_mxt_ts
> driver fails to work. Is there a work around for this?

I suspect blacklisting the specific driver might get the device to
fallback to generic emulation mode, which is presumably what you were
get on 3.13 (assuming there isn't a specific driver there).

Please let me know how it goes, so that I can have a further look and
maybe fix the problem for good.  If the device works well without the
specific driver, it would probably be ideal to disable the driver for
good.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer