How do I get debug symbols for the precompiled Linux Libre kernels?

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Fri Nov 20 00:28:27 UTC 2015

On Nov 13, 2015, Steven Stewart-Gallus <sstewartgallus00 at mylangara.bc.ca> wrote:

> How do I get debug symbols for the precompiled Linux Libre kernels?

You didn't mention which of the several repositories of precompiled
Linux-libre kernels you're using, so I'll give you info on the two I run
myself.

For Freed-ora, you enable the debuginfo repos and install the debuginfo
packages.

For Freeloong, you download the build tarballs and unpack them.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer