Kernel Panic after introducing irda device

lluvia_lists at lavabit.com lluvia_lists at lavabit.com
Mon Jan 7 14:42:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

I reported a bug on the IRC some days ago, but I write it here also.

After introducing a USB infra red device, screen of the host computer goes
to a terminal where is printed some information noticing you a kernel
panic.

I tested the device on two computers running Trisquel 5.0 and Trisquel 5.5
respectively, and it was replicated at both cases. I inserted it on last
Ubuntu's LTS and there was no kernel panic.

The text is essentially this one:

2-1:Missing Freefirmware
STIR421X:Couldn't upload patch
Kernel panic-not syncing:stack protector: kernel stack is corrupted
in:fa56c19e

Pid:3342, comm:modprobe Tainted: 6     C
3.0.0-24-generic-pae#5trisquel1
CallTrace:
? printk+0x2d/0x2f
panic+0x5c/0x151
? free_percpu+0x7x/0xf0
__stack_chk_fail+0x1e/0x20
? irda_usb_probe+0x7fe/0x8f0 [irda_usb]
irda_usb_probe+0x7fe/0x8f0 [irda_usb]
usb_probe_interface+0xac/0x1a0
really_probe+0x4d/0x150
? pm_runtime_barrier+0x49/0xb0
driver_probe_device+0x3a/0x60
__driver_attach+0x91/0xa0
? driver_probe_device+0x6d0/0x60
bus_for_ach_dev+0x49/0x70
driver_attach+0x21/0x30
? driver_probe_device+0x60/0x60
bus_add_driver+0x17f/0x260
driver_register+0x66/0x110
usb_register_driver+0x71/0x140
usb_irda_init+0x19/0x19/0x1000 [irda_usb]
do_one_initcall+0x35/0x170
? 0xf87f4fff
sys_init_module+0xad/0x210
syscenter_do_call+0x12/0x28