free firmware mistakenly removed by LinuxLibre

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Sat Jan 1 19:10:48 UTC 2011

I believe that we should send patches to Linux Makefiles so that these
files are assembled during kernel build. Linux does not ship pre-built
.ko files. Why should we ship prebuilt firmware if we have the source
code available!?

Being able to build the firmware can also work as proof that the
source code available is actually functional and equivalent to the
binaries that are currently shipped blindly.

Felipe