diff patches between libre kernels

Nic Alvaro nicalvaro at lavabit.com
Sun Oct 17 02:27:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 03:40 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct  9, 2010, Nic Alvaro <nicalvaro at lavabit.com> wrote:
>
> > I think it would be a worthwhile effort if the linux-libre kernels would
> > have patches between the libre kernel versions.
>
> That's a good idea.  I'll look into implementing it.
Thanks. I think it helps liberty and bandwidth.

> > Also, why not make the subscriber list private?
>
> I'm not sure I see the point.  If the subscriber list is made available
> only to subscribers, it will be just one subscription request away from
> anyone who wishes to get it.

I am proposing only the administrators look at or how about make it
harder to get the address. As it currently is, it has to be easy to mine
that page for addresses with the format ( you--at--domain.com  ) or
( you at domain.com ). I currently have my address hidden on that page
and of course you now know my address, but it still prevents random bots
from retrieving it.