chipsets that are removed from linux-libre

Luis A. Guzmán García ark at switnet.org
Sun May 30 10:57:55 UTC 2010

> Thank you for your response, partner.
>

>> > $ lspci |grep Wireless
>> > 04:03.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8185
>> IEEE
>> > 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 20)
>> > Now I would like to know if that chipset works with Linux-Libre but in
>> the
>> > future I would like to know which hardware will work.
>> I'm not sure if i understood what you are asking, could you elaborate?
>>

> I would like to know if this chipset will work with linux-Libre.

It depends on the current development of the chipset for that device
(driver & firmware), Linux-libre follows the Linux releases closely.

> In the future I would like to know which other chipsets work with
> linux-Libre.

The same ones as the Linux one as long as they are free (as in freedom),
on every mayor release of Linux-libre there is an announcement that comes
with some relevant information about the new features on it.

--
Luis A. Guzmán García
http://ark.switnet.org