[Gnewsense-dev] Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Tue May 4 12:26:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 03 May 2010 01:44:37 -0300
Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva at fsfla.org> wrote:

> [Copying lists that might have the answer]
>
> On May  2, 2010, Jim Smite <jimsmite at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried to use your lemote linux-libre kernels with a debian squeeze
> > system, but udev complains about CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and refuses
> > to start.  Is it possible to disable this option?

I take it from [1] that he is using udev 153.
There has been talk on the debian-dev list about having to do a
lockstep upgrade for linux 2.6.32 and udev, but I forget the exact
version of udev that would be required.

a look at deb-dev mail list from the last few months should uncover the
thread.
kk

[1] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/udev

--