[GNU-linux-libre] Re: 100% Free Software T-shirt design

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Sun Jun 27 21:08:33 UTC 2010

On Jun 27, 2010, Sam Geeraerts <samgee at elmundolibre.be> wrote:

> 1. hound2

This one does indeed look nice, but I suspect some of the features that
make it look nice are not going to work in the T shirt: the shadows and
the additional tones of grey.

Unfortunately, in order to keep the costs low, we need a single solid
color, not shades of grey or blurry shadows.

In addition to that, tlamaki and G+LfSC are missing, the Drágora logo
has too many colors, and the BLAG logo needs reversing.

In addition to the graphical issues, I don't see that it delivers the
intended message, except for those already in the know.  It doesn't even
name the Free distros, so it just looks like a very odd collection of
graphics put together :-( It doesn't even point at say gnu.org/distros,
where people could get further info.

I'm going to try to fix the problems into yet another design, but I
fully realize I'm not sufficiently skilled in graphical design and
visual communication to make these things appealing to the eye, so I
hope those that do will step up and further tweak the design or come up
with other alternatives, or even completely new designs, so that we can
hopefully converge on one that is everyone's favorite.

Thanks!