[patch] Enhancements for deblob-2.6.30

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at gnu.org
Mon Sep 21 11:34:01 UTC 2009

> I don't see how using a deblob-kver for the wrong kernel version could
> do any good.  Each version of Linux requires slightly different changes,
> and using the wrong version will mostly just get you slightly broken
> fixes.  I don't see how this could be better than using the right
> deblob-<kver> script.

I know it is not an optimal solution, but it was the best way for us to
have a 2.6.24 kernel that follows the FDG. Indeed, I had to make some
changes to avoid broken code, but it was a very easy task compared to
porting everything to 2.6.24 -I'm still starting to know this scripts-.

I may say that it worked, and our 2.6.24 current kernel for Trisquel
2.2.1 LTS is not only more libre but it also has some drivers working
back, like BNXII or e100, that the 2.6.24 deblobber was just removing.