[GNU-linux-libre] [Alexandre Oliva] linux-2.6.28.8-libre1: suitable for Free System Distributions

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Tue Mar 24 21:30:07 UTC 2009

Hello, José,

On Mar 23, 2009, joseangon <joseangon47 at gmail.com> wrote:

>   CC [M]  sound/oss/pss.o
> sound/oss/pss.c:50:56: warning: "/*" within comment
> sound/oss/pss.c:50:71: warning: missing terminating " character

Thanks for your bug report.

The deblobbing of pss.c was a bit excessive.  The problem is that the
default (non-Free AFAIK) firmware name is also used as a variable name.

The attached patch for the deblobbing scripts should fix this problem,
recognizing the users of the variable, and adjusting the deblobbing so
that the uses of the firmware name within comments don't cause the
comment to be terminated before it should have been.

The patch will be in 2.6.28-libre2 and 2.6.28.9-libre2, when I push them
out some time later this week.

Regards,