Kongoni to adopt linux-libre

A.J. Venter aj at outkastsolutions.co.za
Mon Jun 15 20:17:44 UTC 2009

Hi,
Thought you may want to know that kongoni GNU/Linux will be shipping
linux-libre 2.6.30 as of our next release (codenamed Nietszche) which
is scheduled for later this month.
Kongoni's aim all along was to be a fully free distribution, and we
would like to thank you for the effort you put into cleaning up the
kernel - we see no point in duplicating that effort, rather our
kernel will be directly based on yours.
The only patches we are adding is LZMA+SquashFS support, AUFS (these
two are required for our live-cd technology, and both are fully free)
and our own bootup logo.

Ciao
A.J. Venter

--
A.J. Venter
Tel.: +27 21 554 5059

www.silentcoder.co.za - Blog
scartoonz.silentcoder.co.za - ScarToonz webcomic