on disabling drivers that use non-Free firmware

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Jan 8 18:06:06 UTC 2009

On Jan  8, 2009, Richard M Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:

>     I also plan to add comments to the deblob scripts that could be
>     machine-translated into web pages explaining what is removed or disabled
>     from each Linux release to make the corresponding Linux-libre releases.

> Why is that a good thing to have?

That would be the documentation in textual/web page form you requested
the other day.

It occurred to me yesterday that I could just rework the output of the
script into a more human-friendly form, and save that along with the
deblobbed tarballs.  Those would say quite precisely what the script
does.  And it could be further massaged into some even nicer summarized
form, if needed.

--
Alexandre Oliva           http://www.lsd.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/