sv_addr.agh non-free?

Sam Geeraerts samgee at elmundolibre.be
Mon Dec 7 14:31:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

The gNewSense dev team have been reviewing some bug reports recently,
and submitting them upstream. There's a bug report of a file in Linux
(sv_addr.agh). It looks like a C header file and the comment says it was
generated from another file. Because the original file is not in Linux'
source we suspect this to be a GPL violation [1], so we removed it.

The people from Debian don't agree with that view [2]. They say that
sv_addr.agh can also serve as the preferred form of modification.

As far as I can see linux-libre doesn't remove the file. If so, can you
explain why that is the case?

[1] http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00323