CPU microcode updater

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at es.gnu.org
Fri Apr 3 11:11:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just saw in the deblobber logs that it disables the cpu microcode
updater driver for intel and amd chips. I think that removing the load
machinery for chips that will not run if you don't feed them with a blob
is ok, as that need renders the whole concept of the driver non-free.
But I think that if a binary blob is bundled in a device in a way the
driver does not need to provide it, it is also ok to read and write on
that ROM. We should keep this kind of functionality.

Yours,
--
Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
GNU España