2.6.29-libre, 2.6.28.9-libre2 and 2.6.28-libre2

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Wed Apr 1 16:42:58 UTC 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva at fsfla.org> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2009, Rubén Rodríguez Pérez <ruben at es.gnu.org> wrote:
>> http://devel.trisquel.info/linux-libre/ubuntu_extra_files-2.6.28-11.txt

>> How can I use the deblob-check with them?

> Si ejecutas deblob-check en el tarball "limpio" (quizá con -i

Erhm...  Apologies to non-Spanish speakers, I've no idea of why my
previous e-mail came out in Spanish.  (I mean, I do know: broken brain.
But let's pretend that's not it :-)  Here it is, now in English.

If you run deblob-check on the "clean" tarball (perhaps with -i
linux-2.6.29, so that it assumes that's a Linux tarball) and it says
that's ok, it's probably ok.

If it reports errors, use deblob-check -B or -C (with or without -i) to
find out where the suspicious chunks of code are.

If they look like false positives, let's add them to deblob-check.

Otherwise, let's try to get rid of them.