the perfect logo for linux-libre

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Wed Oct 22 05:01:01 UTC 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, "Luis Alberto" <l.guzman.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks great! XD hehehe.
> It gets the point! :D

And then it doesn't.

Tomás pointed out that penguin isn't free.

It's clean, for sure, but the there's cognitive dissonance in the
message conveyed by the picture.

So he suggested a penguin jumping out of the washing machine, with
FSFLA soap next to it.

My wife suggested the penguin to have a towel around its body, like
someone who just got out of the shower.

So I got my daughter's penguing, a small towel, a couple of FSFLA
T-shirts, an FSFLA sticker, some cleaning stuff, a camera, and a *lot*
of time.

This is the best I could come up with so far.
http://www.lsd.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/images/linux-libre/

Sorry, I realize it's not great.  I came to appreciate very much the
work of professional photographers :-)

Do any of them look usable to you?

Feel free to modify them if you think you can make them look better.
If you have any other ideas, this is the time to jump in!

I'll be mostly away till Friday.  And I should have been in bed for
several hours...

See ya,