linux-2.6.27-libre

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Fri Oct 10 03:11:34 UTC 2008

On Oct  9, 2008, Alexandre Oliva <lxoliva at fsfla.org> wrote:

> I was extra careful in checking the changes it made, because of all
> the firmware moving about for no good reason.  Doh!

Not careful enough :-(

A couple of bugs in deblob-2.6.27 caused the changes intended to
disable the rules to build non-Free firmwares in firmware/Makefile to
not work.

I *think* I have fixed that, and in a way I like better: instead of
Makefile code to remove the firmware names from a number of target
macros (fragile!), I simply replace the firmware names with
$(DEBLOBBED).  Nice, beautiful and robust.

I restarted the tarball upload to mirrors with those fixes, but if
you've already downloaded, you may run into this problem at the end of
the build.

Once you get e-mail announcing kernel-libre-2.6.27-1.fc10, you'll know
the uploaded tarball is stable and good to use.  Sorry for posting the
announcement too soon.