2.6.26.6-libre2 and 2.6.25.18-libre4

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Thu Oct 9 18:29:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I took the releases of 2.6.26.6 and 2.6.25.18 to start using the
latest versions of the deblob-* scripts to generate the tarballs.  The
baseline tarballs (2.6.26-libre2 and 2.6.25-libre4) are pretty much
unchanged compared with -libre1 and -libre3, respectively, and the
changes made to the .6- and .18-patched tarballs are the same as with
the earlier deblobbing scripts.

However, the more recent deblob scripts have fixed some portability
issues, so I thought it would be a good time to switch to them.

The newly-built tarballs should land on the repositories shortly.
Upcoming builds for Freed-ora will be based on 2.6.26*-libre2, rather
than -libre1.

That's all for the time being.