LKML thread about (re)moving firmware within the kernel

Markus Laire malaire at gmail.com
Sat May 31 16:06:39 UTC 2008

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> And if Fedora and Debian don't care enough to ship a Free kernel that
> already exists and is well maintained and kept up-to-date with the one
> they've come to love, this just shows where they stand and how much
> they value freedom.

Do you know of any Free kernel which has record of being well
maintained and up-to-date for some years?

I don't know of any, and until such Free kernel exists, I don't think
Fedora or Debian should be criticized for not including a
relatively new project which still hasn't shown whether it will die in
infancy or not.

(I don't mean to attack linux-libre, just to point out that you
shouldn't expect Fedora or Debian to include it while it's still so
new.)

--
Markus Laire