linux-2.6.2[345]-libre.tar.bz2 contains non-Free Software ;-(

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Mon May 19 01:10:42 UTC 2008

An error in the deblob-main script, at the time of renaming
libre-linux-kver to linux-kver-libre, caused files that were modified
during deblobbing to not be deleted from the tarball before having
their deblobbed versions appended.

This means if you extract the tarball, you won't see the non-Free
Software, but if you examine the tarball, many non-Free bits are still
there.

I deeply apologize for this.  I'm working to fix things up as I write
this.  Please drop the -libre tarballs and look for -libre1 ones at
http://www.fsfla.org/~lxoliva/fsfla/releases/ shortly.