revamped server and svn structure

Alexandre Oliva lxoliva at fsfla.org
Tue May 13 04:28:51 UTC 2008

Hi all!  Welcome aboard!

As this project moves from a personal project to build 100% Free
kernels for Fedora to a project in which FSFLA is officially involved,
I figured I'd take this opportunity to reorganize the SVN server a
bit, as well the web site where the releases are published.

1. I renamed fedora to freed-ora in the
http://www.fsfla.org/svn/fsfla/software/linux-libre
I hope this does not inconvenience anyone.  I figured the longer I
delayed this, the more people might be affected.  Hopefully most will
stick to the scripts subdirectory anyway.

2. I moved the files served over http to
http://www.fsfla.org/~lxoliva/fsfla/linux-libre

This is probably still a temporary location, but I have to figure out
how to publish stuff at FSFLA's HTTP server otherwise.  Putting these
huge files in the SVN tree for svnwiki to pick up doesn't sound very
clever to me :-) Redirects are in place so that old URLs keep on
working.

http://www.lsd.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/fsfla/linux-libre also works.
IIRC Jeff Moe mirrors this all on the BLAG server as well, but I don't
know the URL, and it's unlikely that it's already picked up all the
latest changes.

3. I moved all the Fedora-specific sources and binaries in the http
server down to linux-libre/freed-ora.  Redirects are in place so that
old URLs keep on working.

4. I created a new 'releases' directory in the linux-libre http tree,
in which I put the latest versions of linux-libre, organized as
per-release directories, rather than the mess in freed-ora/src.

5. I need to get permission to set up an rsync server so that at least
interested mirrors can copy the tree seamlessly.  This could even
precede the move to a final location.

6. We need to set up a web page for the project within the FSFLA web
site.  The URL is probably going to be something along the lines of
http://www.fsfla.org/[svnwiki/]selibre/linux-libre

That's all for now.

¡Sé Libre!