[FSFLA] We need FSFLA again!

Daniel Pocock daniel en pocock.pro
Lun Ene 24 23:23:16 UTC 2022

On 24/01/2022 05:24, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
> El 2022-01-23 18:33, Kaio Duarte Costa escribió:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> For those who don't know me, I'm Kaio Duarte, and I got into the free
>> software movement during my early high school years, out of the need for
>> free software in public schools and more development/investment in free
>> creations by students.
>>
>> Recently, we see that Brazil, as well as other Latin American countries,
>> has been suffering in several ways with misinformation and lack of user
>> freedom, either in education, public service and even in commercial
>> service (forcing workers to install proprietary software on their
>> machines).
>>
>> Therefore, through this e-mail, I am trying to rescue FSFLA's activity,
>> as in the times of 2007
>> (https://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/anuncio/2007-02-irpf2007-2.en.html).
>> Latin American society needs more freedom and respect for our rights as
>> users.
>>
>> Therefore, what about discussing actions, activities and manifestations
>> that FSFLA could do or participate in? Any comment, thought, suggestion
>> or a simple answer can help!
>
> Great to have you here, Kaio.
>
> The main thing is to participate by telling everyone what you do or what
> you need from others in relation to free software.  Activity is the
> blood of any organization.  Any activity is useful.  Then ideas and
> synergy come about and incredible things happen when people come
> together to work on common objectives.  So, you have already done
> something very important by writting.  Thank you!

I was going to reply directly to Kaio

Nonetheless, I saw your reply.  Your reply and my reply have a lot in
common.

I've made many trips to Latin America and when it is practical to do so,
I genuinely hope to make more visits.  That is the best kind of activity.

So many of the problems in the free software world occur because people
do not meet each other and do not talk to each other.

Regards,

Daniel

--
Debian Developer