[FSFLA] We need FSFLA again!

Kaio Duarte Costa kaiod en riseup.net
Dom Ene 23 23:33:39 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

For those who don't know me, I'm Kaio Duarte, and I got into the free
software movement during my early high school years, out of the need for
free software in public schools and more development/investment in free
creations by students.

Recently, we see that Brazil, as well as other Latin American countries,
has been suffering in several ways with misinformation and lack of user
freedom, either in education, public service and even in commercial
service (forcing workers to install proprietary software on their
machines).

Therefore, through this e-mail, I am trying to rescue FSFLA's activity,
as in the times of 2007
(https://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/anuncio/2007-02-irpf2007-2.en.html).
Latin American society needs more freedom and respect for our rights as
users.

Therefore, what about discussing actions, activities and manifestations
that FSFLA could do or participate in? Any comment, thought, suggestion
or a simple answer can help!

--
Kaio Duarte Costa

Trainee at the National Institute of Social Security of Brazil (INSS),
Director of Student Councils of the União Colegial de Minas Gerais
(UCMG), Member of the Social Council of the Fund for Maintenance and
Development of Basic Education (consFUNDEB-MG), Substitute Member of the
Permanent State Forum on Education of Minas Gerais (FEPEMG), Member of
the Committee of the National Association of Data Protection
Professionals (ANPPD), Affiliated to the Brazilian Computer Society
(SBC), Brazilian Society for the Advancement of Science (SBPC) and Free
Software Foundation (FSF).