[FSFLA] LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!

Ismael Luceno ismael en iodev.co.uk
Mie Ene 19 13:27:05 UTC 2022

On 18/Jan/2022 18:03, Dennis Payne wrote:
> You did ask an actual indie game developer. I chose "We" in my
> statement because I was including myself in the group of game
> developers. I recently made Anagramarama available for sale on itch.io
> to gain funds for free software game development. I also have a
> merchandise shop where I've started trying to make money for free
> software game development.
>
> If you want commercial closed source game developers, I've done that
> two. I worked on the game Devil's Whiskey. I enjoyed the experience
> and made money from it but don't particular enjoy closed source
> development so I haven't done it since.
<...>

I meant, to make a large representative sample.

I wish everyone was of your opinion, but I've been hearing otherwise
from the majority of people I talked with; geography, environment,
economy, and other factors might play a role in which groups are
louder and/or larger.

It would be important to understand who they are, their positions,
and what might prevent their games from being free software.