[FSFLA] LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!

Daniel Pocock daniel en pocock.pro
Mar Ene 4 10:17:25 UTC 2022

On 02/01/2022 07:59, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Packaging a program in distros is crucial for the community because it
> leads to various teams that independently work on the program, and
> thus have a chance to make sure it is honest.  This is why free
> software tends not to be malware.

This does not happen in practice but it could happen.

In Debian I've observed that people put more scrutiny on each other than
on the code.

The words used in their most recent mob outbreak can be seen as a
confession that decisions are made by secret tribunals and secret
(fictional) evidence.

The mentality behind that needs careful analysis: they are saying "trust
us because we are a distribution".  Yet the moment we let our guard down
and give anybody absolute trust, they will change the rules.  It is
human nature and it happens in every domain.

Several character attack emails, including the anti-Appelbaum mob (2016)
and anti-RMS mob at Easter 2021, were linked to a Pentagon employee,
Paul Tagliamonte.  He was pictured with the chairman of the joint
chiefs.  We are asked to trust all the words of these mobs because "it
is Debian".  In Afghanistan, when they made a drone strike on a guy
transporting water bottles, the Pentagon also asked us to trust them,
their anonymous experts had confirmed he was a suicide bomber.

These people and their goals appear to be intent upon preventing
distributions from fully achieving their potential as independent and
trustworthy reviewers of code.  Above all else, they are creating a cult
around their name.  The code, even if it is better than malware, is
still second to their aggressive (anti-)social agendas.

--
Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com