[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Tomás Solar Castro tsolar en fsfla.org
Mie Mayo 31 18:38:22 UTC 2017

El sáb, 27-05-2017 a las 10:50 -0400, Eder L. Marques escribió:

> On 26/05/2017 9:39 PM, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> > Morever, there is the possibility that the non-free system
> > distribution
> > projects reject the attempts to collaborate. This can be tested by
> > sending patches/contributions that remove non-free software from
> > their
> > repositories, and see how the project reacts and wait patiently for
> > final decision from the project, if they deny one patch "for the
> > sake of
> > user experience" then we know in which side they are (not our, of
> > course).
>
> Why instead of a patch to remove a non-free software you don't offer
>> patch to replace this non-free software with an free-software
> equivalent?  :)

because it requires more effort, and generates duplicated work.
It is better to have one and adapt it to your needs :)

Sending a patch/contribution and wait for a response, and see what
decision they made about it, is a good way to know what are their
priorities and commitments to be free and keep freedom on us.