[FSFLA] Hiperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno en openmailbox.org
Sab Mayo 27 01:39:38 UTC 2017

The problem with fostering those non-free system distributions in
free/libre software events is that there is no proven commitment from
the system distribution project to comply with the GNU Free System
Distribution Guidelines, so fostering those non-free ones is problematic
([[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/applying-free-sw-criteria.html]]).

Morever, there is the possibility that the non-free system distribution
projects reject the attempts to collaborate. This can be tested by
sending patches/contributions that remove non-free software from their
repositories, and see how the project reacts and wait patiently for a
final decision from the project, if they deny one patch "for the sake of
user experience" then we know in which side they are (not our, of
course).