[FSFLA] Hyperbola: A fully free, stable, secure, simple, lightweight and long-term distribution

Eder L. Marques eder en edermarques.net
Vie Mayo 26 14:47:25 UTC 2017

Hello,

On 26/05/2017 3:11 AM, Quiliro wrote:
> El Thu, 25 May 2017 22:37:29 -0400
> willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr em riseup.net> escribió:
>> Of course, people in different regions think it is important to have a
>> local distribution like Canaima or Nova. But is that a way of
>> rationality? For me, it is only an image.
>>
>> We should separate our working time to different technical efforts and
>> spaces and not repeat that, what exist. But in reality, the people only
>> use different components and put it together and call it "distribution".
>
> Willi. I agree with you in all the above. Nevertheless, people must work how they like. If they see that in the future they would like to work together, insisting that they do today will not accelerate the process. If they work for libre software or libre hardware (Richard Stallman prefers the name free standard hardware) and not in a team, it is a pity. But if their part is libre, then it is a contribution and I feel the need to cheer those efforts.

People must work how they like. Agreed.

People must understand that depending what they choose to work, although
the product (distro) is free software, it can do colateral damage (in
many ways) to the community.

Being happy just because is being producing more free software is
questionable.

But anyway. The bottom line is, IMHO: FSFLA does not need to
bless/endorse individual distributions that in reality are used by
dozens of people, nor fighting them. Instead of segregate, FSFLA can
works towards a joint-effort with existing Free Software groups
(including Debian).

Thanks,

Eder