[FSFLA] Fwd: Re: [Internet Policy] ISOC calls for stronger encryption @G20

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Dom Abr 9 23:55:28 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

this short excerpt to the discussion in the ISOC Internet Policy
maillist. The list archive is not open for read.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Internet Policy] ISOC calls for stronger encryption @G20
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:47:33 -0300
From: willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net>
To: ISOC Internet Policy <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Dear John and all,

this, maybe is the core of our problems with telecommunication, what we
have. We speak about InterNet, but this don't exist. We can only speak
about InterNet, if we have the Net-topology in the telecommunication.
And this don't exist. We have only bus and star topologies.

The result is, that many people in this environment speak about "virtual
nets". But we act not in the church or in a temple.

In our terminology, what we use, we see a strict emptying of the terms.
It is part of the propaganda to speak about "Internet" and mean only
capital profits.

I propose another model.

We use 2 layers. Transport and application.

On the application layer, for test and development, we can act on one
host and use virtual managemant (VM/KVM) for separation. The
applications connect inside, after the net-interface, directly to the
other apllication. For us is not important, how far away are the
locations. Millimeter or kilometer. Only important is, that we use
always the full path with all modules.

If we act in the reality, we change only the distance. This
transportlayer is totally tranparent. Of course, now we have latency
times and maybe lost of packet transport. But this have nothing to do
with the application layer. We can simulate it also in the development
environment.

We don't use TCP or UDP.

We act directly with the IP packets in the application layer. This exist
today also in our reality, because this part is outside in the OS
network modules. In our transport layer we organise the error checking
and handling between the rooting points.

To our transport systems

We know, only people create the technical systems. And this is valid in
all areas in our life and in all regions on our planet. State
institutions and private organisations are not helpful. And because they
act only for capital profits, also the state institutions, they don't
act for telecommunication. We see it in the documents and any
audio/video streams inside and outside of the G20 meeting.

But we act for telecommunication. And this in form of a InterNet, the
transportsystem for digital data in packet form in the net of local nets.

The question is, how the people in the different regions on our planet
can create her technical systems to create her part of the
telecommunication? The people do it in a self organising way.

For that we have two conditions. The local/regional technical
infrastructures for study and experimental working and the free access
to the existing knowledge, based on "knowledge is always world heritage".

The result is the global net for free technology.

many greetings, willi