[FSFLA] Fwd: Re: [gaia] Thailand Community Networks

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr en riseup.net
Dom Feb 19 23:27:25 UTC 2017

(Too many recipients to the message)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [gaia] Thailand Community Networks
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:04:05 -0300
From: willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net>
To: IRTF gaia <gaia at irtf.org>
CC: FSFLA list <discusion at fsfla.org>, FSFe discuss
<discussion at lists.fsfe.org>, WSF discuss
<worldsocialforum-discuss at openspaceforum.net>, Franz Nahrada
<f.nahrada at reflex.at>, Red Tecnologia Libre Comunal
<redtecnologialibrecomunal at gmail.com>, IGF dc <dc at intgovforum.org>, IGF
dc ctu <dc_connectingtheunconnected at intgovforum.org>, Ninux wl
<wireless at ml.ninux.org>, GUIFI mesh <guifi-mesh at llistes.guifi.net>,
FreiFunk talk <wlantalk at freifunk.net>

On 19/02/2017 18:33, Arjuna Sathiaseelan wrote:
> All - I wrote a blog piece on the Thailand Community Network
> initiative by Asian Institute of Tech which would be of interest:
> https://blog.apnic.net/2017/02/17/taknet-community-networking-thailand/

Dear Arjuna,

this text is not a perspective for Community Networks. It is a way to
hold the old capitalistic occupation from Europe in Asia.

Clear, you work for that, you have a job for that, you get your money
from that. But i think, the most people on our planet have not this
problem and are able to think independent.

The perspective for the Community Networks are the local technical
infrastructures based on our global network for free technology.

This is the background for our regional interconnection as a base for
our community interconnection. And this is, like the streets and roads,
a public task from our societies. Then, we don't need money for that,
because we don't need private companies, and we don't need state
institutions. The people organise it self.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay