[FSFLA] Fwd: Re: Internet Governance in Latin America research project

Quiliro Ordóñez Baca quiliro en riseup.net
Vie Jun 12 03:15:17 UTC 2015

El 22/04/15 a las 11:03, willi uebelherr escribió:

> QueridAs amigAs, para para información.

> Betreff: Re: Internet Governance in Latin America research project
> Datum: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:58:33 -0300
> Von: willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr en gmail.com>
> An: Renata Aquino <raquino en gmail.com>
> Kopie (CC): governance en lists.igcaucus.org,
> bestbits en lists.bestbits.net, 1net.org discuss <discuss en 1net.org>
>
> Dear Renata,
>
> it can be a good initiative. But my experience in Latin America show
> me, that there are no people to understand, what is "Internet
> Governance" and what we have to do to create a InterNet. Maybe, also
> the most people on this lists don't understand, what we have to do.
>
> Connect to the different Ministerios in the different countries. Then
> you can see and hear, that they don't understand the themes "tele
> communication". But they create decisions. And this always based on the
> external definitions.
>
> In my last 4 years in Latin America never i found people with
> connections to the international discussions about Internet. Never i
> found people with a critical thinking to that, what we give the name
> Internet.
>
> In Latin America we have the organized consumerism. They use only the
> technical systems from the external regions. But never they start to
> understand the technical bases. And this we find also in NetMundial in
> Brazil.
>
> many greetings, willi
> Cordoba, Argentina
>

> Am 4/22/2015 um 11:18 AM schrieb Renata Aquino:
>> Hello
>>
>> I’m working on a research Project on Internet Governance in Latin
>> America
>> currently building a list of organizations in this area. The goal of
>> this
>> Project is to identify paths for novices to participate in these
>> discussions as well as hearing out experts who could point out the
>> way to
>> main issues in the region.
>>
>> I’d be grateful if this group could help me pointing out resources,
>> organizations or professionals I may have missed.
>>
>> The list I’ve gathered so far is below and please send comments to
>> raquino en gmail.com
>>
>> The next phase of this Project will be to contact key professionals
>> in the
>> area of Internet Governance to do a series of interviews. If you’d
>> like to
>> participate or nominate someone for an interview please send me an
>> email.
>>
>> This is an ongoing Project with plans to present in the future in
>> intenet
>> governance events in Latin America.
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>>
>> Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Dear Renata.

We are trying to create the real InterNet. InterNet currently does not
exist. InterNet means "interconnection of local networks. What we have
now is a telecommunication network. But it is not InterNet because local
networks are not currently interconnected. Individuals and local
networks are connected to ISPs. We might call it then InterWAN or
"interconnection of WANs" (wide area networks - it is what ISPs have
now) or simply the global telecommunications network.

So InterNet governance could be a possible situation if InterNet
existed. Hopefully InterNet governance will not be necessary. If
telecommunications are handled with standards and federation instead of
delegation of control, then InterNet governance would not be necessary.
Let me explain more clearly. IP addresses are assigned by the governance
authority because they are controlled by it. The governance authority is
not necessary if a geolocalized IP address is assigned to each network
interface. (Of course someone might define a false IP for themselves.
But no one will be able to reach it. So a false IP will be useless.) On
the other hand domain names could avoid centralized assignment
(governance) by being assigned on consensus based agreements.

In other words, we do not need governance to have a nice World. The
governance needs us to survive. It is parasitic. All we need is to find
ways to live together in peace without oppressing each other.

--
Saludos libres,
Quiliro Ordóñez

"La escuela es la agencia de publicidad que te hace creer que necesitas la sociedad tal como es." Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society
"Se encuentra muchos hombres que hablan de libertad, pero muy pocos cuya vida no se haya consagrado, principalmente, a forjar cadenas." Gustave Le Bon