transform a distro to make it free

Marcos Manoni marcosmanoni en gmail.com
Sab Jul 26 22:47:44 UTC 2008

Hi:

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro at gmail.com> wrote:
> expertos:~# vrms
> No non-free packages installed on expertos.ec!  rms would be proud.

From the man page, vrms looks for installed packages from the non-free
repository of Debian. I don't know how it works for Debian's derivated
distros (like Ubuntu). It may not recognize other non-free packages.
So, you can't be sure just looking at the output of vrms.

> Is this enough for all packages besides Linux?

No.

> How can I check if the Linux package has non-free blobs?

The Linux kernel _do_ has non-free blobs. This links may be usefull:

http://jebba.blagblagblag.org/?p=244
http://www.fsfla.org/download/linux-libre/ (read the README file)

Regards,
MLM