[Anti-drm] Música sin DRMs en Yahoo!

José C. Massón jose.masson en gmail.com
Lun Jul 24 04:11:07 UTC 2006

Bueno.... pareciera que tenemos a Yahoo! de nuestro lado.... veremos...

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/music/0,71427-0.html?tw=rss.index

http://ymusicblog.com/blog/2006/07/19/buy-a-customized-jessica-simpson-mp3-at-yahoo-music

"[..]
Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist,
label (who are selling DRM-free music every day — the Compact Disc),
or consumer, the only people it adds value to are the technology
companies who are interested in locking consumers to a particular
technology platform.

We've also been saying that DRM has a cost. It's very expensive for
companies like Yahoo! to implement. We'd much rather have our
engineers building better personalization, recommendations,
playlisting applications, community apps, etc, instead of complex
provisioning systems which at the end of the day allow you to burn a
CD and take the DRM back off, anyway!
[..]"

Saludos
--